November 08, 2015

Day 2:: Simply Yes -- My cold, dead hands



Well, from hello to heavy with joy I go.
Krissy got off the phone this morning saying, go watch Glennon's video on cold, dead hands. Go! And write.

I take direction well (sometimes). So I cozied on to the comforter on the couch and watched it.

First: wow.
Second: yes.

Being unwilling to live one more minute carrying shame for any offensive move is ridiculous. Even if you haven't forgotten or forgiven me. I've seen it. I've acknowledged it. I've repented to God. I've apologized to you (and you, and you). And, I've been forgiven by the only One who could count it all against me. So, yea, I'm choosing to walk away from it. Dropping the stuff that I've been willing to hold on to as an eternal penance. But what Glennon said is so, so true. The whole point of my faith is that someone else took on the darkness of my dark behavior -- I'm through with it if I'm willing to accept the GRACE and let the shame go.

Done.

For this moment, those things, like my volume, my disagreement, my forgetfulness, my being unlovable, my dismissiveness, my messiness and my unkind words are all left at an altar.

Whew.

I don't have any reason to go back and pick them up. My hands are filled with grace. And when I'm able to fill my hands this full, just try keeping me from joining the dance.

I already knew all of this. I just had to say the simple yes.

Yes.


2 comments:

Kristen Price said...

Yes to shameless!!! Just read another post from Glennon about her decision to "volunteer" to be a "reckless truth teller" and how it became her ministry! Here's my "YES" to reckless truth telling shamelessly!

Vicki said...

Oh yes. And yes. Thanks Krissy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Copyright


Original text and images sole property of BirdandSeashells. If you wish to use something, please ask or quote me.