February 06, 2011

February 6 - I Love:: My friend Joan (& Happy Birthday)

I'll keep it short.
She's got a laugh that makes you happy even if you're not.
And my son wants to hear her talk for her accent and lilt. (Just a bit Irish.)
She cares about what she does and makes what we do interesting.
She acknowledges that we have to be conscious of being conscious.
We had our babies at the same time and met in a mother's group.
We've weathered losses and gains together and separately, and are much the better for the togethers.
I'd prefer to keep her in my life forever.
In which case:
I may become more consistent in my pursuit of recycling, health and all organic concerns.
I'll ask more questions, like she does.
I'll get to have her husband, who I also love much, carve my turkeys - and regale me with tales.
I'll be with her most beautiful, interesting and utterly charming daughter, who'd I'd take if she'd let me.
I'll feel normal not using a microwave and pitching all the plastic for food storage containers.
I'll read all the E. M. Forrester books, too.
And I'll spend time in the canyon where I feel an extra modicum of peace.
Ah, Joan.
Happy Birthday, beautiful friend.

PS: Happily, this is post 250. I think we'll have to celebrate with a little giveaway later in the week, 'eh?

1 comment:

Joan Duff said...

Oh, Vicki, that made me cry.
I love you too. I am grateful that while journeying through this life for the past 50 years I found you. Here's to the next 50.
Joan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Copyright


Original text and images sole property of BirdandSeashells. If you wish to use something, please ask or quote me.