February 21, 2010

I Love:: 21 ~ Belonging.


I am fortunate to belong to a great church. I've been there with my family for a many years. We each have specific roles within the church, have grown and are growing where we are. Before my surgery tomorrow, my friend Faith and her husband, an elder, asked if they could come and pray with us. Well they did, tonight, along with a deacon, and a few of my treasured friends. My house was filled with prayer, love, laughter and a wonderful sense of focus on God's sovereignty and will.

I feel amazingly covered, loved and importantly; that sense of belonging that comes with being a part of the Body. When I think of the analogy - the Body and our bodies - I find it poetic and joyful to think that we do want each other to be whole and well - in the same way the body sends the out white blood cells to conquer infection. 

The body wants the body to be whole.
The Body needs the Body to be whole.

I am so pleased and satisfied to simply be a part.
I will sing of the blessings of the LORD forever. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Copyright


Original text and images sole property of BirdandSeashells. If you wish to use something, please ask or quote me.