March 07, 2010
Quotable Sunday - Simplicity
"Everything should be made as simple as possible and no simpler." - Albert Einstein
This quote has found it's way into my life three times recently. So I'm paying attention. The third time way yesterday, as the chapter quote in the book I'm starting, Simplicity, by Mindy Caliquire, on care of the soul. (It's one of a four part series from Renovare.)
If I hold this up next to my realization that I lean into the complex to get to the simple, I'm encouraged. I'm seeking simple. But in honesty, I can spend more time in the complex or even seek or see complexity when I simply don't need to.
I'm seeing such value in this ideal. Simplicity. And I'll put it the terms that make it work for me: while opening a can of tomato soup and adding milk or water is simple; combining whole tomatoes, sweated onions, chicken stock, a bouquet garni and a bit of rice for soup just might be as simple as it should be and no simpler.
Are you with me?
Oh! And check out the sweet Lisa Leonard giveaway at A Journey to a Simple Life.
- ► 2016 (38)
- ► 2015 (12)
- ► 2014 (23)
- ► 2013 (16)
- ► 2012 (47)
- ► 2011 (94)
03/07 - 03/14
- Satisfaction Saturday - a movie review or two
- And these ~ In Search of Spring
- Found some! In Search of Spring
- The fragrance of thoughtfulness
- e.e. cummings -- Spring is like a perhaps hand ~ I...
- The Fragrant Freesia - In Search of Spring
- Quotable Sunday - Simplicity
- Potage Magali - Mediterranean Tomato Soup with Ric...
- ▼ 03/07 - 03/14 (8)