May 21, 2010

A Friday Recipe ~ The Sunrise Bowl and Breakfast with My Man

Every once in a while you have to steal away for a romantic adventure with your espoused.

My dear and I ran away for breakfast this morning. He'd been at an early, early appointment and caught me home after school drops. I love the very romantic notion of the impromptu date with my dear.

As we sat at our favorite, favorite breakfast spot, The Coffee Cup, we talked about nothing of importance and enjoyed every minute. I had my favorite, soup and eggs for breakfast.
Here's a recipe for my (other) find of day: The Sunrise Bowl. It's founded in good Black Bean soup. If you'd want to try this at home, you can start with Dave Lieberman's recipe. (I'll credit the picture to his page at the Food Network, too.) For a super simple homemade version try the one below.

The Sunrise Bowl a la mi Casa
  • 1 cup black bean soup (I like Trader Joe's Cuban Black beans partially blended with a little chicken stock for consistency)
  • 2 poached eggs
  • 1/4 avocado 
  • Pico de gallo salsa
  • Corn tortillas
Assemble in a deep soup bowl as follows:
Place soup in the bowl, Drop in freshly poached eggs. Top with thinly sliced avocado and pico de gallo. Serve with a warm corn tortilla or two. (or not...) High in protein, fiber and yumminess.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Copyright


Original text and images sole property of BirdandSeashells. If you wish to use something, please ask or quote me.