May 16, 2010

Quotable Sunday ~ The Name is Mom

"What am I supposed to do with my life?  The question of how to live our lives especially presses on those of us who sense we are not merely humans trying to be spiritual, but are deeply spiritual beings endeavoring to live as fully human."
- Brent Bill, The Sacred Compass

Spiritual motherhood might be more interesting a consideration than I have, well, considered. It isn't the intentional teaching of the theological thought, the Bible story, the scripture. It is the glasses I loan to my boy or my girl who, standing in the yard, declares to the beauty of the night's sky -- "Wow!," when I simply say, "Yes -- He is that amazing."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Copyright


Original text and images sole property of BirdandSeashells. If you wish to use something, please ask or quote me.