February 13, 2010

I Love:: 13 ~ Love in action

 
This is my Aunt Sandy. In my growing up years, she was the aunt who had my attention whenever she was in the room. She is and has always been different somehow. Beautiful. Chic. Realistic. And wondrous. 
Illness is taking an early toll on her life. And today, for this holiday weekend my cousin Wendy and her daughter have flown to one of Washington State's wonderful islands, where Sandy lives, to take love. They'll be painting nails, looking at photo albums and hugging lots. 

I am with them in spirit. But the greater gift is this action of love. 
Right there. Now. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Copyright


Original text and images sole property of BirdandSeashells. If you wish to use something, please ask or quote me.