January 23, 2012

A profound sadness

Sometimes, doing the right thing doesn't go so very well and you end up with the wrong outcome.  We found ourselves, as a family, involved in just this yesterday afternoon as we tried to help a stray dog find his home.

Friends comfort me that this occurrence is a good life lesson. I don't know. I do know that we're all shaken and my youngest, who had her eyes glued to the dog is broken in heart and in spirit right now. I also know that it's my job to teach her to be OK with being sad and not to "forget about it and be happy." Until she's ready.

Parenting doesn't offer a door out of the tough situations.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Copyright


Original text and images sole property of BirdandSeashells. If you wish to use something, please ask or quote me.