June 01, 2010

In Search of Summer ~ Dinner on the Lawn

One favorite summer tradition in my neighborhood is dinner on the lawn. (Now, there are no pics, largely because my sonny, girlie and I took well over 500 Friday to Sunday in the north and we're giving our camera a rest. Shhh....)

For this event we seemed to celebrate Memorial Day goes Cinco de Mayo. Carne Asada, Pollo, Carnitas, Hueraches tortillas, cojita cheese, grilled peppers, cebollitas and apple pie. The neighbors and the other neighbors and kiddies old and young, the cars and friends who just drop by all joined and enjoyed.

We'll do this all summer now. Candles, conversation, tables and tablecloths, beach chairs, a big grill in the driveway and friendship that grow with the wakings and the moving about of each day. It's rich. It's never the same. There are throw in evenings, fancy evenings and ordering pizza evenings.

This marks the beginning of summer for us.

When I asked my kindergarten friend Jessica what her happy thought for this vacation day would be she just said, "this." I have to agree with her. This lawn gathering with my pals is my happy thought, too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Copyright


Original text and images sole property of BirdandSeashells. If you wish to use something, please ask or quote me.