February 03, 2010

I Love:: Two - that doggie on my toes.

I have been in love with dogs my whole life. But this one, the hunk of Long Haired German Shepherd, who started our journey by sitting on my feet to prove his merit, just delights me more and more. This winter, he's taken to lying across my feet anytime I sit down, look like I'm standing in the same place for more than a couple of minutes or snuggle into bed for the night. It's winter and we're cozy. He's the constant attendant and pal who loves with his whole furry self. Love.
On 4 Feb 10 a post script: Tonight he gave us the doggy doesn't want to eat dinner story. So I, in my most dignified manner, knelt on the floor enticing him into eating. It worked. He ate as I knelt there, and suddenly I realized that no dog I've know has ever let me mess with dinner or sit so close while they ate. I also realized that he is 84 lbs. and a German Shepherd. Good thing he likes me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Copyright


Original text and images sole property of BirdandSeashells. If you wish to use something, please ask or quote me.