December 26, 2010

A perfectly lovely Christmas

I love the season.
I loved the day.
As I reflect, it was a perfect day.

We gathered simply at my house, my sister's family and mine for Boeuf Bourguignon, Christmas potatoes, brussel spouts a la Joan and sauteed haricot vert.

We had wandered, in the morning over to the neighbors for coffee and breakfast yumminess, a tradition that just started one Christmas years ago and is as ingrained in my our lives as the big man and the chimney.

After the family was gone, the neighbors gathered for coffee and egg nog at our house while the many kids played Just Dance on the Wii.

Loud fun is good.

I can't think of a better way to enjoy the holiday than with the people I love the very most.
I just can't.

How was yours?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Copyright


Original text and images sole property of BirdandSeashells. If you wish to use something, please ask or quote me.