June 15, 2010

Summer Reading

Don't you love the idea of hours in flip flops on the sand, the grass, the couch, just reading. With a friend? I do. Life's a Beach was a hotel purchase a year or so ago. Fine characters. Plenty OK for mindless, summer reading. On the list for a book swap.

This summer, I'm planning to document the summer reading with and without the book club.
So, for club night, I read THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO. As I mentioned in the last post, we're now reading the sequels, THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE to be followed by THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST. In between, I started THE HELP. But the page turn thing with these Larsson books is a bit of a problem. They just keep turning regardless of the time of day or night you read. I find myself with the books in my purse. I'd read at traffic lights and when I'm driving - if I could. It's worse than texting while driving. If we're not careful, these books will be outlawed.

My read stack is tall, here's a smattering:
PEACE LIKE A RIVER
BLUE SHOE
LUNCH IN PARIS
THE POSTMISTRESS
GLASS CASTLE
WATER FOR ELEPHANTS
IMPERFECT BIRDS
BLUE LIKE JAZZ
THE BEAUTIFUL JIM KEY
BANANA ROSE
HARRY POTTER - THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN
- THE GOBLET OF FIRE
- ORDER OF THE PHOENIX
- THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE
- AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS
PENSIVES

And now, the most exciting of questions - What are you reading? What is on your stack?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Copyright


Original text and images sole property of BirdandSeashells. If you wish to use something, please ask or quote me.