March 27, 2010

Satisfaction Saturday ~ March 27

Perhaps one of the more pleasant surprises I've experienced in a while is the new movie,  HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON. I almost always love my time in a movie theatre and when a movie delivers, it has me. This movie was so satisfying. The animation is detailed and interesting and beautiful. (I want a dragon.) And the story was full.
Animated features can be great and they can be just a cartoon. This, for me, was up there with THE IRON GIANT, my hands-down favorite animated film. Watching this adolescent Viking work his way into come into his own was an enjoyable venture. I leaned into his heart and differences as I watched him struggle to own the ground between him and his father, the Viking leader.
There's much packed into the story. Lots of fun and way more dragons than I'd ever have imagined could be imagined.
I'd see it again. But in the mean time, I'm going to find out if Vikings really had Scottish accents.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Copyright


Original text and images sole property of BirdandSeashells. If you wish to use something, please ask or quote me.