March 15, 2011

Caterpillar update

Yesterday I walked outside to the beautiful area outside my office for a minute of quiet. I looked up to notice the caterpillars. And there they were, more, more and more climbing up to hitch themselves to a spot under the eves.

So this morning I brought my camera to capture one or two. I thought we'd gone from the original 26 to about 40. I started counting, and stopped at 140. They've gone all the way around the building.

Can you imagine?
Hundreds of butterflies.
Right here.
In front of me.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

So cool! I can't even imagine how amazing it's going to be to see them all cocooned and then to wait for them to transform into glorious butterflies. It's going to be a wondrous sight! You must must must take a photo!

Kerry said...

Amazing... what promise!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Copyright


Original text and images sole property of BirdandSeashells. If you wish to use something, please ask or quote me.